Jan 19, 2015

MLK... Ten Commandments Of The Movement



Martin Luther King Jr.'s Ten Commandments of the movement.
1963.
This pledge was a way to affirm the values at the heart of the Civil Rights Movement. 
It is still true today to maintain safety, and be a witness for those who stand in solidarity against violence, abuse, and racism.
Shouldn't that be every single human?

"I hereby pledge myself - my person and my body - to nonviolence, peace, and justice for all people everywhere.

Therefore I will keep the following commandments:

I will meditate daily on the teachings of Jesus.

I will remember always that the nonviolent movement seeks justice and reconciliation - not victory. 

I will walk and talk in the manner of love, for God is love.

I will pray daily to be used by God in order that all people might be free.

I will sacrifice personal wishes in order that all people might be free. 

I will observe with both friends and foe the ordinary rules of courtesy.

I will seek to perform regular services for others and for the world. 

I will refrain from violence of fist, tongue or heart. 

I will strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.

I will listen with respect to those who love and teach me." 

These ideas, commandments, this is the way to live my friends. 
Let us remember those who came before us and led the way... to peace, freedom and salvation. 
Pass it on today.
Thank you Mr. King.

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?"
MLK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...